Monday, March 05, 2007

Part Ordered!

Capital Computers decided to drop the vendor they were using to get the part, and never informed us. They also said they are not able to get an equivalent part. So, I've ordered a reconditioned motherboard, from Spartan Technologies.
The motherboard plus shipping came to approximately $130, which is considerably more than the $88 I was getting it for from Capital Computers. I didn't have much choice. It's the same make and model as the board being replaced, so it'll be a much smother repair since the drivers are the same ones already installed on the hard drives.
I'd like to thank everyone who has donated towards the repair, and thanks to all our loyal listeners who are still tuned in. This motherboard should arrive by the end of the week, and I should have it installed and running over the weekend.
It's been far more of a headache than it ever should have been. I assure you, WitchCast will not be doing business with Capital Computers in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home